SMA 200A Automatic Backup Unit w/ Energy Meter | SBS-ABU-200-US-10
The fully integrated solution for whole home backup power
While alternative backup systems offer merely a transfer switch and require additional hardware purchases, the new SMA Automatic Backup Unit (ABU) is a truly integrated solution for whole home backup power. The ABU consists of several components. The first is a 200 Amp rated contactor, which automatically disconnects the home energy system from grid power during a power outage. The integrated autotransformer balances up to 5 kVA of imbalance across phases, reducing the potential for system interruption during backup mode operation due to imbalanced loads within the home.
The solution also includes built-in energy consumption metering with pre-installed current transformers, eliminating the need for additional hardware and labor. Two 50 Amp breakers are included for landing PV and energy storage inverter output, which also reduces hardware needs. Finally, the ABU features an SMA backup controller, which manages and stabilizes the microgrid by monitoring solar generation, load consumption, and battery state-of-charge.
- Width x height x depth 500 mm x 700 mm x 250 mm (19.69 in x 27.56 in x 9.84 in)
- Weight approx. 60 kg (133 lbs)
- Operating temperature range -25°C to +60°C (-13°F to +140°F)
- Maximum ambient temperature (without derating) 45°C (113°F)
- Enclosure type in accordance with UL 50E 3R
- Protection class 1
- Grid configurations 240 V : 120 V split-phase system
- Approvals and national standards, as per 08/2018 UL 1741
Still Have Questions About SMA 200A Automatic Backup Unit? Give us a call today 1-877-242-2792