AIMS 5000 Watt Power Inverter 12V | PWRINV5K24012W
This 5000 watt 12 volt DC to 220/230/240 volt AC (60 hz) power inverter by AIMS Power converts DC (direct current) power stored by batteries into AC (alternating current) electricity that can be used to run practically any household appliances or tools. This inverter is only for 240 volt AC applications. See PWRINV500012W for applications needing 120 volt AC.
This unit produces a modified sine wave, which is capable of running most tools, pumps, motors and appliances that operate at 240 volts AC. Use this product for off-grid back-up power at home, cabin, boat, larger solar systems or anywhere that doesn't have city power.
What really makes this 5000 watt AIMS Power inverter great is it's capability to run off of most vehicles’ and/or RVs'/boats' standard power systems at 12 volts. That makes the inverter very attractive to mobile business owners since users don’t have to modify a vehicle’s standard power system in order to run the inverter off of a car or truck. This definitely saves some money if upgrading a fleet of vehicles with some aftermarket equipment that requires this much power.
Some of the popular mobile business applications include powering a small mobile office or kitchen, running tools on a work truck or construction vehicle, or supplying electricity to lawn maintenance equipment. The biggest incentives for business owners to use inverters for electricity include the fact that they make little-to-no noise, making for a more peaceful environment for customers, and that they’re non-polluting, which makes for a great green-energy marketing campaign.
The unit features two easily-accessible AC outlets with a maximum output of 1500 watts. The 200 percent surge capabilities of this unit should only be used as a safety feature. Other safety features include over-temperature and over-load LED indicators that are used as a warning system for the operator. Also on the AC side of the unit are the battery voltage and amperage meters which display the usage levels of your battery bank. This inverter is equipped with dual cooling fans and over-temperature protection that keeps it from overheating.
- 5000W max continuous power
- Modified sine wave
- 240 Volt single phase AC output only. This inverter will not deliver 120 volt AC.
- Volt meter on front panel to monitor your battery voltage
- Amp meter on front panel to monitor your current use (rate at which battery is drained)
- AC Direct Connect Terminal
- Over Temperature LED indicator
- Over Load LED indicator
- Dual 240V AC Receptacles
- On/off switch
- Over Temperature protection
- Over Load protection
- Single cooling fan operation thermally controlled
- Internally fuse protected
- AC output short circuit protection
- Auto reset on most fault conditions
- Aluminum case for optimal cooling
- Pre-wired for remote on/off switch
- Pre-slotted mounting plate
- Instruction manual
- Free 1 year tech support
- 1 Year Warranty Parts and Labor
- Continuous output power: 5000 Watts
- Surge power capability (peak power): 10,000 Watts
- dc input / operating voltage: 10 to 15 Volts
- Output voltage: 240 Volts ac
- Output frequency: 60 Hz +/- .5 Hz
- Battery low voltage alarm: 10.5 +/- 0.5 Volts
- Battery low voltage shutdown: 10.0 +/- 0.5 Volts
- No load minimum operating temperature: -15 degrees Celsius
- Full load maximum operating temperature: 55 +/- 5 degrees Celsius (automatic shutdown)
- Low voltage and over voltage alarm and protection
- AC Output Socket Type: dual 240
- Low input voltage shutdown: 10V
- Internal fuse protection
- Product size (L x W x H): 16.92 X 7.95 X 6.1 inches
- Weight: Unit - 16.72 lbs Boxed - 20 lbs