- Long Lasting Lithium
- Five Recharging methods
- AC power outlets and USB port
- Outstanding customer service
- 2000W continuous output
- 922 watt hour base unit
Top 4 2000 Watt Generators: Definitive Buyer's Guide
With a portable 2000 watt generator, it is possible to run high-demand electric appliances with a relatively small device. In 2022, consumers have the option to choose a few different types of 2000 watt generators with capabilities to run on gasoline, diesel, and even solar energy.
Shop Solar Kits is dedicated to tracking every innovation in portable power, so we developed this list of the Top 3 2000 Watt Generators.
Top 4 2000 Watt Generators
As our third best 2000 watt generator, we would like to take a left turn into the world of solar power. The Bluetti AC200P provides 2000 watt continuous output, all from the electricity stored within its 2,000Wh high capacity lithium-ion battery.
With 3,000 more continuous watts than the top generator on this list, the Bluetti AC can power large electrical loads for long, continuous operating times. When the battery runs out, you can recharge the Bluetti efficiently with power from your home, your car, or even solar panels.
Although we will recommend a few other solar generators below, if you’re ready to leap portable battery power stations, the Bluetti AC200P just may be the best 2000W solar generator.
Bluetti AC200P Solar Generator Specs:
- 2,000wh High Capacity Lithium Battery (LiFePO4)
- 2000W Inverter for Continuous AC Power
- 6 x AC (Wall) Outlets
- 1 x 60W PD 2.0 USB-C
- 4 x 5V/3A USB-A
- 1 x PV 35-150V/12A
- 1 x 12V/25A Output
- LG premium electric-vehicle battery cell
- 3500+ Charge Cycles
- MPPT Charge Controller
- 2*15W Wireless charging pads
- Intelligent temperature-controlled cooling fan
- Smart touchable LCD control panel
- 24 Month Warranty
Bluetti AC200P Solar Generator Pros:
Within its compact design, the Bluetti AC200P offers 6 AC wall outlets to distribute the 2000W of continuous electricity. At a job site, the Bluetti can run a fridge, power tools, lights, and more simultaneously, and this isn’t even including the USB and DC ports.
As a fumeless power station, the Bluetti AC200P can be run both indoors and out, and provides near-silent operation when in use.
If you plan on spending a considerable amount of time outdoors (i.e. festivals or off-grid living), the Bluetti can also be recharged with solar panels, which eliminates ongoing fuel costs and trips to the gas station.
Bluetti AC200P Solar Generator Cons:
Unfortunately, the Bluetti AC200P is more expensive than almost all gas generators. In fact, it's four times as much as the first two products on this list. Here, the Bluetti is more of an investment in long-term power, which might not suit those looking for a cheap and quick solution.
The Bluetti AC200P is also 57 lbs, which makes it about 10-15 pounds heavier than similar capacity gas generators.
Bluetti AC200P Solar Generator Charging Capabilities
To give you a better idea of the different ways to power your Bluetti AC200P, here are all of its charging capabilities:
- Solar Charging - Fully Charged in 3.5 hours with 700W of Solar Input
- DC Power - Car Charging - 15 hours+ driving
- AC (Wall Outlet) Charging - About 4 Hours
- Gasoline Generator with Power Adapter
- Lead-Acid Battery Recharging using Clamp Adapter
Click Here: Bluetti AC200P Hex Kit
First, take a look at the EcoFlow Delta Solar Generator. It has a surge capacity of 3300W, which actually makes it much more than a 2000W generator. Although it only has a rating of 1800W for continuous power, this is still higher than the two gas generators on top of this list.
EcoFlow Delta Specs:
- [Battery Capacity]: 1260Wh (350Ah,3.7V)
- [Compact Design] Dimensions: 15.7 x 8.3 x 10.6in (40 x 21 x 27cm)
- [Light Weight]: 30.9lbs (14kg)
- [Works in all Weather] Charge Temperature: 32-113℉ (0-45℃)
- [Discharge In Freezing Temperatures]: -4 -113℉ (-20-45℃)
- [Testing and Certifications]: UL, CE, FCC, RoHS, PSE
- [Cell Chemistry]: Lithium-ion
- [Shelf Life]: 1 Year (after fully charged)
How to Charge the EcoFlow Delta
- [FAST AC Charge Time]: 90 minutes from 0-100% Charge, X-STREAM Charges @ 1200W max
- [400 Watt of Solar Input] Charge Input: 400W 10-65V 10A max
- [Car Charger Included] Charges: 12V/24V 10A max
Pros of the EcoFlow Delta
The EcoFlow Delta is very lightweight at about 30 lbs. It is also incredibly easy to charge before heading out for the day with its revolutionary <2 hr AC charge time. With 1260Wh of capacity, the Delta can run a CPAP machine for multiple nights.
Cons of the EcoFlow Delta
Although it can handle large loads, the EcoFlow Delta’s battery is limited against the endless refueling capabilities of a gas generator. With that said, efficient solar charging also makes it possible for continuous electric inflow and outflow.
What can the EcoFlow Delta 1800 Actually Power?
- Large Fridge 15-18+ Hours
- Lights (10W) 36+ Hours
- Coffee Maker 50+ Cups
- Circular Saw 1+ Hours
- Laptop 27+ Recharges
- Electric Vehicle 3-5 miles (5-8 km)
- CPAP Machine 20+ Hours
- Air Conditioning 0.8+ Hours
- Electric Blanket 25+ Hours
Next, the Lion Safari ME Solar Generator can power 2,000W of continuous electricity indoors and out. With its modular battery design, it is easy to incorporate 2000Wh of extra storage with each battery that you add to the system.
Lion Safari ME Solar Generator Specs:
- Output - AC [Standard Wall Plugs]: 2 (Easily split these with a surge protector or extension cable)
- Output - USB: 2 USB-A & 2 USB-C
- Rated Battery Capacity: 922wH + 2,048wH = 2,970 watt hours
- Battery Type: Lithium
- Inverter: 2000 Watt Continuous / 4000 Watt Surge - Pure Sine
- Fastest Solar Recharge Time: Under 2 hours
- Lifecycles: 2,000
Lion Safari ME Solar Generator Pros:
With unlimited battery potential, the ME can be used for years and years, replacing battery packs as quickly as you burn through their impressive 2,000 lifecycles (to 80% capacity). Of course, each battery is going to be more expensive than a can of gasoline.
Lion Safari ME Cons:
Despite its convenience, the Lion Safari ME is still just about as heavy as any gas generator. As the main unit only holds only 922 Wh of storage, you will likely have to lug a few of the 40 lb batteries along with you to your campsite, tailgate, or job location for long-term ongoing power use.
What Can The Lion Safari ME Solar Generator Gold Kit Actually Power?
- Full Size Fridge (120W) - 25+ Hours
- Phone Charging (5W) - Charge up to 200+ times
- Laptop Charging (56W) - Charge up to 50+ times
- 55" LCD T.V (75W) - 38+ Hours
- LED Reading Lamp (4W) - 720+ Hours
- Hot Plate (500W) - 5.8+ Hours
- Air Conditioner (500W) - 5.8+ Hours
- House Fan - (50W) - 60+ Hours
- Microwave - (1k) - 3+ Hours
- Electric Blanket (50W) - 60+ Hours
- CPAP Machine (90W) - 28+ Hours
Click Here: Lion Safari ME Gold Kit
Finally, the Titan Solar Generator from Point Zero. is a 3,000W continuous generator that most people do not believe can be run by solar energy. With 2 MPPT charge controllers and high levels of solar input, the Titan stands as a better alternative to a 2000W gas generator for ongoing electricity.
Titan Solar Generator Specs:
- Battery: 2000wH Lithium-Ion
- Inverter: 3000W / 7700W Surge
- 2 MPPT Charge Controllers
- Charging Options: Solar panels, AC, & DC
- Outputs: 6 AC wall outlets, 4 DC (12V) ports, 1 RV Plug (30amp), and 8 total USB ports
- Shelf Life: 3-6 Months
- 2-Year Warranty
- Weight: ~35 lbs. (plus batteries)
Titan Solar Generator Pros:
The Titan’s inverter and outlet quantity make it possible to run tons of high capacity devices at once. If you’ve just discovered that some “2000W inverters” are actually rated for lower continuous operating levels, the Titan will ensure that you always have enough power.
Like the Safari ME, the Titan has stackable batteries, which make it easy to keep “fuel” on hand.
Titan Solar Generator Cons:
Above all, the only thing stopping most people from buying the Titan is its cost. Investing in a Titan is the same as investing in decades of sustainable power, which can be made even easier with our 500W solar kit.
What Can the Titan Solar Generator Actually Power? (Per battery pack)
- Smartphones (5-7 watts): 330+ hours
- Tablets (25-40 watts): 66+ hours
- Laptops (50 watts): 40+ hours
- Electric Blanket (Queen Size, 75 watts): 26+ hours
- 50" LED LCD TV* (65 watts) : 30 hours
- Refrigerator (55 watts): 36+ hours
- Chainable USB LED Lights (6 watts): 330+ hours
- CPAP Machine (30 watts): 66+ hours
Click Here: Titan Solar Generator 500 Watt Kit
Gas vs Electric Generators
With the option of the Bletti AC200P against today’s top gasoline generators, you may be wondering whether electric generators may be a better choice. Electric generators are a relatively new technology, with innovative products constantly premiering.
Electric generators are also known as:
- Portable power stations
- Battery-powered outlets
- And portable chargers.
If a fully electric generator can be easily charged by connecting solar panels, then it can be considered a solar generator. Solar generators typically include a charge controller to handle the incoming electricity through an MC4 or HPP connector.
Head to head, here are the main advantages and disadvantages of gas vs electric generators.
Gas Generator Pros
- Lower upfront cost
- Unlimited power potential (with gas available)
- Longstanding technology
- Good lifespan
- Durable builds
Gas Generator Cons
- Emit harmful fumes
- Ongoing fuel costs
- Loud operating noises
- Only safe for outdoor use
- May be heavy or bulky
Solar Generator Pros
- No harmful fumes
- Near silent operation
- Permitted for indoor use
- More charging capabilities (Solar, AC, DC, etc.)
- Continuous use without extra cost
- Usually more compact
Solar Generator Cons
- More expensive upfront
- Often less powerful than gas generators
- Batteries lose capacity over time
- Can still be very heavy or bulky
- Sunlight is not always available
Should you buy a Solar or a Gas Generator?
When deciding between a solar generator and a gas generator, its pros and cons must be weighed against what you intend to use it for.
Gas generators are great if you can use them in a ventilated area where noise is not a concern. They are cheap to purchase and are becoming increasingly portable and convenient.
On the other hand, solar generators are much more versatile. Solar generators are ideal for camping trips, off-grid cabins, and even emergency home power as their silent, indoor operation can be used for CPAP machines, refrigerators, electronics, fans, and more.
Best 2000 Watt Gas Generators
In terms of value, it is tough to beat the Champion Power 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator. At under $500 to purchase, this lightweight device is an easy and affordable way to bring large amounts of power wherever it is required.
The Champion runs on gasoline, with a 1-gallon capacity tank on board. It weighs a mere 39 pounds, has a convenient carrying handle, and even runs at a surprisingly quiet 58 dBA opening noise (at 23 feet away).
For even more power, the Champion can be chained together with similar units. With a large reserve of gas on hand, this allows the Champion Power generator to provide an essentially endless supply of electricity.
Champion Power 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator Specs:
- Inverter Wattage: 2000W surge / 1700W continuous
- 1 x DC carport
- 2 x AC wall plug outlet
- Multiple operating modes
- Weight: ~39.5 pounds.
- Fuel type: Gasoline
- Engine: Four-stroke
- Warranty: 3 years limited
- Run time: 11.5 hours on a full tank of gas
Champion Power 2000-Watt Generator Pros:
The Champion Power 2000 Watt Generator is one of the lightest and most reliable gasoline generators on the market today. With Eco-mode, it is possible to run 1700W of conditions electricity for over 11 hours, making it incredibly fuel-efficient.
Plus, a 3-year warranty and durable design help make the Champion a reliable generator for camping, tailgating, or other outdoor activities.
Champion Power 2000-Watt Generator Cons:
Unfortunately, 2000 watts is only this generator’s start-up/surge capacity. For continuous operation, users must be careful to not demand more than 1700W of electricity for safe, ongoing use.
Despite its low operating noise and fuel efficiency, the Champion is still limited by its harmful fumes, constant hum, and ongoing gasoline expense that most gas generators are encumbered by.
As a close second place, the WEN 56200i is a highly rated gas generator at the right price and efficiency. Despite its title, the 56200i 2000-Watt Generator only has a continuous capacity of 1600 running watts, with the 2000W loads reserved for a surge.
Knowing this, the WEN 56200i allows power tools and large appliances to boot up at high wattages, then drop to an efficient continuous operating level. This generator works best with synthetic oil and can be attached in a parallel connection with multiple units.
WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Generator Specs:
- Inverter Wattage: 2000W surge / 1600W continuous
- 1 x 12 V DC port
- 2 x AC wall outlet
- 1 x 5V USB port
- Eco-mode capability
- Fuel tank size: 1 gallon
- Fuel: gasoline
- Warranty: 2 year
- Weight: 48 lbs.
WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Generator Pros:
Although slightly heavier than the Champion, the WEN 56200i remains lightweight at just under 50 lbs. That may be a bit much for some users, but the durable handle and protective casing are designed to withstand the elements at campgrounds, tailgates, and outside homes.
The WEN also comes with a good outlet variety including a 5V USB port, which is less common among high capacity gas generators.
WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Generator Cons:
Despite its efficiency, the WEN 56200i only has an expected runtime of about 9.5 hours for a quarter load. As a quarter load is only 400W, this means that running appliances, lights, and other devices overnight will likely require a fuel refill first thing in the morning.
Beyond this, the WEN operates at a 53 dBA minimum, which makes it considerably louder than the Champion Power generator.
Consider to check our next blog - Whole House Solar Backup Generators