Complete Solar Permitting Package Terms and Conditions
- Services: Shop Solar Kits provides a solar project plan drawing service to create plansets that customers can use to apply for permits for their solar projects. The planset includes a cover page, general project notes, site plan, electrical plan, solar attachment plan, single-line diagram, design tables, warning labels, and reference documents.
- Customer Responsibilities: Customers are responsible for providing accurate information about their solar project and reviewing the planset for accuracy and completeness before submitting it to their AHJ for permit approval. Customers must also obtain all necessary permits and approvals for their solar project, including but not limited to building permits and utility interconnection agreements.
- Revisions: Shop Solar Kits will make revisions to the planset as needed to correct errors or address AHJ comments, at no additional charge.
- Intellectual Property: Shop Solar Kits retains ownership of all intellectual property rights associated with the planset. The planset may not be copied, reproduced, or distributed without Shop Solar Kits' written consent.
- Liability: Shop Solar Kits will not be liable for any damages or losses incurred as a result of errors or omissions in the planset or the customer's failure to obtain a permit from their AHJ. The customer agrees to indemnify and hold Shop Solar Kits harmless from any claims, damages, or losses arising from their use of the planset or their solar project.
- Termination: Either party may terminate the service agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to the other party. If the customer terminates the agreement, they will be responsible for any fees incurred up to the date of termination.
- Confidentiality: Shop Solar Kits will keep all customer information and project details confidential and will not disclose them to any third party without the customer's written consent.
- Refunds: Shop Solar Kits offers a refund to customers if their permit application is not approved for any reason, provided that the customer has not made any material misrepresentations or omissions in their application. To request a refund, the customer must notify Shop Solar Kits in writing within 30 days of receiving notice that their permit application was not approved. Requests for revisions must be communicated with Shop Solar Kits so that the planset can be corrected and do not mean that the permit application was not approved and do not make the customer eligible for a refund. Shop Solar Kits will review the refund request and determine, in its sole discretion, whether to issue a refund. If a refund is issued, it will be for the amount of the solar project plan drawing service fee paid by the customer, minus any fees for revisions requested by the customer that are not related to AHJ comments. This refund policy is the customer's exclusive remedy for any issues related to the solar project plan drawing service.
- Governing Law: The service agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
- Dispute Resolution: Any dispute arising out of or relating to the service agreement shall be resolved through binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall take place in [insert city and state], and the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on both parties.
- Entire Agreement: The service agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of the service agreement.
- Amendments: The service agreement may be amended or modified only by a written instrument executed by both parties.
These terms and conditions are intended to provide a general outline of Shop Solar Kits' solar project plan drawing service. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.