Top 5 Solar Kits for Emergency Backup Power: Be Prepared with Renewable Energy
Picture this: your area has been hit by a severe hurricane and a massive power outage. You are stuck in your house without electricity, internet, or (gasp!) Netflix. Even your phone has a low battery (shudder). Long night ahead, for sure.
But wait a minute. There is a way back to safety (or your favorite show) – the emergency solar kit!
With an emergency solar kit, you can keep your lights on in the darkest of nights, charge your devices, and even power your mini-fridge to keep your food safe from harmful bacteria. And as long as the sun shines, the solar kit will always be there for you, no matter how dire the situation is.
If you're here, you know all solar kits aren’t created the same, so we'll review the top five solar kits for emergency backup power to help you prepare when disaster strikes.
What is an emergency solar kit?
An emergency solar kit is like a superhero utility belt, but instead of magic lassos and grappling hooks, it’s got everything you need to generate power from the sun. You can use this power to light up your rooms and power your devices when the power grid goes down.
To generate power, emergency solar kits come with a solar panel to harness the energy from sunlight and convert it into usable electricity, a solar generator to convert the direct current (DC) power from the solar panels into alternating current (AC) power, and all the cables needed to connect them, along with detailed instructions on how to do it all yourself.
What kinds of emergencies is a solar kit good for?
In today’s uncertain world, emergencies can strike any moment, leaving us without access to electricity when we need it the most. Below are some of the emergencies when a solar kit would come in handy:
- Power outages caused by severe weather or natural disasters
- Grid failures, blackouts, and brownouts
- Power disruptions caused by electrical equipment failure
- Camping or outdoor activities without access to electricity
- Medical emergencies where power is required for medical devices
How do you use an emergency solar kit?
Here are the steps to follow to use an emergency solar kit:
- Set up the solar panels in an area with direct access to sunlight (if not already mounted)
- Connect the solar panels to the generator
- Plug your devices and appliances into the generator using cables and wiring
- Enjoy your emergency backup power without worries!
Top 5 best solar kits for emergency backup power
As someone always prepared for the worst-case scenario, you know that a reliable power source can be a lifesaver during an emergency. That's why we've compiled a list of the best emergency solar kits on the market. Whether bracing for a natural disaster or anticipating a prolonged power outage, these kits will give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you're always just a few rays of sunshine away from having the power you need to stay safe and comfortable.
Below, we’ve organized the top five list of the best solar kits for emergencies according to the solar generator it’s built around. But there are other runners-up with each particular generator that you can consider.
EcoFlow Delta Pro
The EcoFlow Delta Pro is a high-performance solar generator for off-grid living and emergency backup power. With a high ranking for capacity and output, it can power multiple devices at once.
Several solar kits come with this generator, including:
- EcoFlow Delta Pro Quad Kit: Good-all-round kit to handle the average emergency needs.
- Includes an EcoFlow Delta Pro solar generator with a massive 3600 wH battery capacity, four 200W monocrystalline solar panels, and a set of solar panel stands, among other components.
- EcoFlow Delta Pro Nomad Kit: Includes an EcoFlow Delta Pro battery generator, three rigid or folding 200W solar panels, a solar panel carrying case, and all the cables you need to connect it all.
- EcoFlow Delta Pro Hex Kit: Comes with six 200W mono solar panels, a 3,600 battery capacity solar generator, and all necessary cables and accessories.
EcoFlow Delta Max
The EcoFlow Delta Max is a robust and reliable solar generator that provides portable power solutions for various needs.
Here are the different kits available with this generator.
- EcoFlow Delta Max Quad Kit: A heavy-hitter for those anticipating extended outages or needing to keep many devices operating.
- Boasts a massive 6,048wH battery capacity, six AC outlets (2400W total), and X-Boost power support of 2800W, among other cables and accessories.
- EcoFlow Delta Max Nomad Kit: Includes a powerful 2016 Wh battery capacity, two 200W folding solar panels, and a set of solar panel stands.
- EcoFlow Delta Max Double Kit: Includes a 2016 Wh capacity generator, two 200W mono solar panels, 10-gauge solar panel extension cables, and X-Boost support for extra power.
- EcoFlow Delta Max Octo Kit: Comes with a capacity of 3600 wH, six 200 W rigid panels, and other required cables and accessories.
- EcoFlow Delta Max Eclipse Kit: Includes a 2,016 wH solar generator, one 200 W folding solar panel suitcase, one AC wall charger, and X-Boost power support.
- EcoFlow Delta Max Double Quad Kit: Comes with two 2400W/2016wH solar generators, eight 100W rigid solar panels, two 50-foot solar panel extension cables, and more.
- EcoFlow Delta Max Basecamp Kit: Includes a 2400W/2,016wH solar generator, four 200W mono solar panels, EMP shield, and more.
The Bluetti AC200P solar generator is most popular for its great portability.
- AC200P Nomad Kit: Ideal for maintaining power on the go, such as during an evacuation.
- Offers one AC200P 2,000W/2000wH solar generator, two 200W folding solar panels, a 30-foot solar panel extension cable, plus other accessories.
- AC200P Quad Kit: Comes with one AC200P 2000W/2000wH solar generator, four 100W mono solar panels, a 30-foot PV extension cable, and more.
- AC200P Hex Kit: Comes with an AC200P 2000W/2000 wH solar generator, six 100W solar panels, a 30-foot solar panel extension cable, and more.
- AC200P Base Camp Solar Kit: Includes one Bluetti AC200P 2000W/ 2000wH Lithium solar generator, four 100W mono solar panels, a 30-foot solar panel extension cable, and other accessories.
Just like Bluetti AC200P, Bluetti AC500 is compact and lightweight, making it an attractive power solution for off-grid power needs, camping, and other outdoor needs.
Here are some of the kits with this portable power station:
- AC500 Platinum Kit: The mother of all emergency solar kits for those serious about being prepared for anything.
- Includes two expandable power stations, four B300S expansion batteries, eight 335W rigid solar panels, three 50-foot PV extension cable sets, plus other cables.
- AC500 Quad Kit: Comes with one expandable power station, one B300S expansion battery, four 200W rigid solar panels, and the cables needed to wire everything together.
- AC500 Nomad Kit: Includes one expandable power station, one B300S expansion battery, three 200W rigid solar panels, and cables.
- AC500 Hex Kit: Comes with one expandable power station, one B300S expansion battery, six 200W rigid solar panels, and cables.
- AC500 Dual Hex Kit: Comes with two expandable power stations, two B300S expansion batteries, six 200W rigid solar panels, two 50-foot PV extension cable sets, and other required cables.
Jackery Explorer 2000
Jackery power stations don’t have any expansion batteries, and you cannot connect multiple generators to have a higher output. But they are the easiest to carry around, making them the best in terms of portability. Here are some of the kits you can get:
- Jackery 2000 Explorer Pro Basecamp Kit: Excellent all-around kit for home and away; will be the envy of everyone else at the evacuation center.
- Includes one 2200W/2,016 Lithium solar generator, two 200W folding solar panel suitcases, one EMP case, and cables.
- Jackery 2000 Explorer Pro Nomad Kit: Comes with one 2,200, 2,016Wh Lithium solar generator, two or four folding solar panels, and cables.
- Jackery 2000 Explorer Pro Quad Kit: Includes one 2,200W, 2,016 wH Lithium solar generator, four 200W mono solar panels, and cables.
- Jackery 2000 Explorer Pro Eclipse Kit: Comes with one 2,200W/2,016wH Lithium solar generator, one or two 200W folding solar panel suitcases, and cables.
Save your candles with the best emergency solar kit
With its ability to provide a reliable and sustainable power source, a solar kit is a valuable addition to any prepper's arsenal. So, take the first step towards securing your future by choosing the ideal emergency solar kit for emergencies, outdoor activities, and off-grid living. At shopsolarkits.com, we offer a wide range of high-quality solar kits and expert advice to help you make an informed investment. Our team is dedicated to making sustainable energy accessible and affordable for everyone.
Meanwhile, learn how to use solar power to be prepared for any emergency with our comprehensive guide to emergency solar power.