You'll love using this AIMS inverter for any type of solar application. Wether it's an off-grid home, business, mobile or emergency backup power application, this 2,000 watt inverter will do the trick.
This AIMS inverter will work just about anywhere that's using 110 or 120 volts of alternating current. This product also has auto frequency detection that allows users to operate at either 50 or 60 hertz. You can also use this inverter to power tools on a work truck, as it will run most electric chainsaws, portable grinders, shop vacs, and more. Or use it to power appliances in your RV, as it won’t produce any annoying noise or pollution.
- 2000 watt low frequency inverter
- 6000 watt surge for 20 seconds 300% surge capability
- Battery Priority Selector
- Terminal Block
- Marine Coated and Protected
- Multi Stage Smart charger 70 Amp
- GFCI - 15 amps
- Remote panel available
- Auto frequency
- 10msec typical transfer time
- Selectable 25W power save mode (hibernation)
- 7 battery type settings for charger
The 2000 watt 12 volt low frequency inverter charger from AIMS transforms DC (direct current) power, stored by batteries, into AC (alternating current) electricity that can be used to run most all tools and appliances. This inverter also has a built in AC-to-DC battery converter charger and transfer switch, which allows you to recharge your battery bank from an AC source such as a fuel-powered generator, shore power or a regular outlet at home.
It boasts an average 10 millisecond transfer time with the built-in transfer switch. This is an awesome feature for use with backup power applications, as it makes the inverter a nearly uninterrupted power supply (UPS) when combined with a battery bank.
It’s an industrial-grade unit with the ability to withstand surges of up to 6000 watts for 20 seconds, and it achieves this by virtue of its direct connect terminal block. This feature is one of the more sought-after in the inverter industry, allowing users to surpass the 1,500 watt maximum output of a GFCI outlet that would typically be seen on an inverter.
Inverter Output Specifications:
- Continuous Output Power: 2000 Watts
- Surge Rating: 6000 Watts (20 Seconds)
- Output Waveform: Pure Sine/Same as input (Bypass Mode)
- Nominal Efficiency: >88% (Peak)
- Line Mode Efficiency: >95%
- Output Frequency: 50Hz +/- 0.3Hz / 60Hz +/- 0.3Hz
- Bypass terminal breaker - 30 amps
- Typical Transfer Time: 10ms (Max)
- THD: < 10% DC
- Ambient operating temperature: 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
- Nominal Input Voltage: 12.0Vdc
- Minimum Start Voltage: 10.0Vdc
- Low Battery Alarm: 10.5Vdc-11.0Vdc
- Low battery Trip: 10.0Vdc-10.5Vdc
- High Voltage Alarm: 16.0Vdc
- Low battery Voltage Restart: 15.5Vdc
- Idle Consumption: 28 Watts
- Charger breaker - 20 amps
- Power Saver Mode Idle Consumption: 12.7 watts
- Output voltage: Depends on battery Type
- Charger Rate: 70A
- Over Charge Protection Shutdown 15.7V
- Selectable Charge setting based on battery type
- Adjustable charge current off-20%-100%
- Four Stage Smart Charger
Transfer Switch Specifications:
- 30 amp automatic transfer switch
- 10 ms (Max)
- Unit Weight: 41 lbs.
- Unit Size L x W x H: 16.48 x 8.74 x 7.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 53 lbs.
- Shipping L x W x H 23.5 x 13.0 x 12.5 inches
This inverter also features a battery-type selector, which helps you regulate the voltage going into the battery bank. This capability can be a big money-saver since treating the battery bank properly will maximize its lifespan.
A low frequency label has been given to this inverter because of the heavy-duty transformer that provides a lowered level of total harmonic distortion (THD) (when compared to modified sine) produced during the DC-to-AC inversion process. This allows for a cleaner transfer of energy, which increases efficiency. It also provides a quieter, nearly inaudible performance.
The inverter also has conformal-coated (marine-coated) boards, making it marine-grade and resistant to dust and/or water vapor that may travel through the air and could otherwise be damaging to the unit. This feature is great for boating applications, like powering a stereo system, for instance.