REVIEW: EcoFlow Delta 1300/1800 Solar Generator Pros, Cons & Complete Review
Table of Contents
- The Evolution of EcoFlow Delta
- EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator Features
- Pros of the EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator
- Cons of the EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator
- Conclusion - Is the EcoFlow Delta 1800 Worth it?
- Looking for more information on solar generators? Read the most in-depth solar generator guide ever written!
The Evolution of EcoFlow Delta
The EcoFlow Delta 1300 solar generator is one of the most exciting advances in portable solar technology, and created an enormous amount of buzz in late 2019. Funded by a Kickstarter that raised over 2.8 million, the Delta is the latest product from the portable power company EcoFlow, which began producing powerful, portable batteries in 2017.
EcoFlow boasts a proprietary battery management system as well as a new charging platform for AC current, both of which make the EcoFlow Delta 1300 one of the most efficient solar generators on the market today. In this article, we will outline the pros, cons, and capabilities of the EcoFlow Delta 1300 solar powered generator.
Watch our in-depth EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator Review Here:
EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator Features
Components of the EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator
Generator Components Included:
- 6 AC outlets (normal wall plugs)
- 2 USB-C PD Ports
- 4 USB Outlets
- 1 DC car outlet
- 1300Wh capacity, 100 Cell Lithium Ion Battery Bank
- 1800W Inverter
- Built-in MPPT Charge Controller
- Large LCD display screen
- All cables Included, AC, solar & vehicle charging
- 30.9 lbs (14 kg)
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 8.3 x 10.6in (40 x 21 x 27cm)
- Full Charge Shelf Life of 12 months
- Testing and Certifications: UL, CE, FCC, RoHS, PSE
EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator Charging Capabilities
The EcoFlow Delta can be charged three different ways:
- With solar panels (up to 400W). Depending on conditions, full charge in about 4 hours.
- With an AC Outlet. Full charge in about 2 hours.
- With a vehicle’s carport. Full charge in about 18 hours.
EcoFlow Delta Input Limits
- AC Charge Input Power: X-STREAM Charge (1200W max)
- AC Input Voltage: 100-120VAC(50/60Hz), International version 220-240V
- Solar Charge Input: 40 W, 10-65 V, 10A max
- Car Charge Input: 12V/24V 10 A max
EcoFlow Delta 1300 Solar Generator Powering Capabilities... What can it power?
One full battery charge of the Ecolow Delta 1300 generator has the ability to power:
|Light (10 W)||36+ Hours|
|Cellphone (6 W)||188+ Full Charges|
|Laptop (49 Wh)||23+ Full Charges|
|CPAP Machine (60 W)||20+ Hours|
|Coffee Maker (600 W)||50-60 Cups|
|Large Fridge(150 W)||10+ Hours|
|Electric Grill (1650 W)||Up to 1.2 Hours|
|Electric Vehicle (1800 W)||3-5 Miles (5-8 Km)|
EcoFlow Delta Output Limits
- AC Output (x6): Full Sine Wave, 1800W(Surge 3300W), 120V 60Hz
- International Version ACx4, 220V-240V, 50/60Hz
- USB-A Output (x2): 12W per port, 5V 2.4A max
- USB-A Fast Charge (x2): 28W per port, 12V 2.4A max
- USB-C Output (x2): 60W per port, 20V 3A max
- Car Power Output: 108.8W, 13.6V 8A max
Pros of the EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator
Seriously Fast Charging
The popularity of the EcoFlow Delta 1300 can largely be attributed to its super fast charging. When plugged into a standard AC outlet, the Delta’s battery bank will go from zero to 80% charged in only one hour.
The battery will reach a full charge in as little as two hours. This rapid charging rate is an astounding 10 times faster than most other solar generators available today. This means that if you end up using all the battery, it will only take you 2 hours to charge it back up and you’ll be ready to go again.
Not only is the input capability of the Delta 1300 impressive, but the electric (AC) output powered by the 1800W Inverter rated at 3,300W for surge protection creates a super powerful solar generator (one of the most powerful).
This means that anything that can be plugged into a traditional AC outlet (rated at 110V) like your laptop, TV or lights, can be easily powered by the Delta 1300 for a long time. The Delta 1300’s 13.6V DC output also provides more than enough power to continuously run a DC powered fridge in a van or an RV for 8-10 hours (all night long if need be).
At just over 30 lbs., the EcoFlow Delta 1300 solar generator is light enough to bring wherever power is needed. Like all solar power generators operating with no harmful emissions, the Delta 1300 can be used indoors, outdoors, or inside a tent, RV, or van. The high quality of the product’s hard nylon shell also keeps the system free from potential damage.
Retailing at roughly $1,400, the EcoFlow Delta 1300 is an extremely affordable option for the high quality components and overall convenience of the portable solar generator. Not only does the Delta 1300 come with a large, high quality inverter, charge controller and battery, but all of the charging cables are included when the product is purchased. Factor this in with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty, and the Delta 1300 is a great option for a low price.
Cons of the EcoFlow Delta 1800 Solar Generator
The battery included in the Delta 1300 is rated to hold a 60% capacity after 800 charges. If you are planning to use this solar generator for a standalone, daily source of power, 800 charges will approach quickly in under three years time.
Although it is true the system will still be able to be used after its initial 800 charges, running at a 60% battery capacity will lead to an increased amount of charges needed and therefore even quicker battery degradation.
Low Round Trip Efficiency
Initial product tests of the EcoFlow Delta 1300 solar generator have found that the system only has an approximately 58% round trip efficiency. Round trip efficiency is simply the amount of power that can be drawn out of the battery when compared to the amount of power that was put into the battery.
In most efficient systems, this should be around 70%. This factor is not critical if the generator is used sparingly or as a back-up, but the low round-trip efficiency implies that more power is needed to fill the battery than traditional solar power systems.
What Makes the Ecoflow Delta 1800 Different - Key Takeaways & Comparison
Without a doubt, the 2 hour charge time of the Ecoflow Delta 1300 solar generator is the innovation that makes the generator standout amongst its competitors (Consider checking our next blog EcoFlow Delta 1300 vs Jackery 1000 or learn more about EcoFlow Delta 1300 Alternatives). However, when compared to the popular Yeti Goal Zero 1400, the Delta 1300 showcases quite a few improvements.
Side by Side Comparison: EcoFlow Delta 1300 Solar Generator vs. Yeti Goal Zero 1400
- Charging Time: Two Hours vs 25 Hours
- Battery life cycle: 800 Charges vs 500 Charges
- Shelf Life: 12 months vs. 3-5 months
- Max Solar Input: 400 Watts vs 350 Watts
- Output: 1800 W (Surge 3300W) vs 1500W (Surge 3000W)
- Outlets: 6 AC, 6 USB vs 2 AC, 4 USB
- Weight: 30 lbs vs 43 lbs
- Price: $1,399 vs $1,899
Solar Generator Comparison Chart:
Conclusion - Is the EcoFlow Delta 1800 Worth it?
Still wondering if the Ecoflow Delta 1800 solar generator is worth it? The short answer is, yes, absolutely.
The value of the system at the retail price is hard to beat and the 2 hour AC charge time is truly revolutionary. The Delta 1300 comes with everything you need (besides solar panels.
If interested, check solar panels for ecoflow delta 1300.), so it makes for the best possible plug-and-play option (no adapters necessary!). Feel free to check out the EcoFlow Delta solar generator user manual here as well ----->
The Ecoflow Delta 1800 solar generator is ideal for occasional use such as camping, tailgating, and festivals, and is also a perfect emergency back-up solution for homes, disaster situations and medical devices. Whereas we may not recommend the EcoFlow Delta as your daily life source of power, it is an incredible solar generator with great capabilities.
Looking for more information on solar generators? Read the most in-depth solar generator guide ever written!
Also Consider Checking:
- Review: Titan Solar Generator Pros And Cons & In-Depth Review
- Ecoflow Delta Pro
- Ecoflow Delta Max
- Bluetti AC200P Vs Ecoflow Delta
- Bluetti eb150 vs EcoFlow Delta
- Top 4 2000 Watt Generators: Definitive Buyer's Guide 
- Choosing The Best Solar Generator Kit : Complete Beginner's Guide
- Top 3 Jackery Explorer 500 Alternatives (For LESS!) | Buyer's Guide
- REVIEW: Goal Zero Yeti 6,000X Solar Generator + Top 6 Alternatives
- Top 5 Solar Panel Kits  The Definitive Buyer's Guide
Browse Popular Products
Browse our collection of complete solar generator kits.
Browse the off-grid solar power systems available today.
See our 2021 Holiday Specials
← Older Post Newer Post →